Saturday, June 11, 2022

Maria A Arana

Second Chance

 
rejection is not a kind word
it stares at you
tongue out
eyebrows burrowed
without explanations
 
one
to succumb you into a cave
one
to push you further into the abyss
 
but if you could erase rejection’s face…
how sweet is sun’s healing warmth
 
 
 
 
Double Suit
 
two minds
one body
two suits
one body
two coins
one hand
two temptations
one heart
two times you meet
one content to speak of
two break-ups
 
 



 
 
I cannot write this poem
I don’t know how I would move on
 
after it happens
 
I’ve been waiting
and crying
and loving
 
I wouldn’t know how to move on
 
from it
 
how to stop this ache
clawing deeper into me
after you’ve gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dean Okamura

Love Love - the blank page. Page which accepts every stroke of the pen. Pen turns into a knife. Knife that slices bodies. Bodies split...