Saturday, June 11, 2022

Luke Stilwell

Luke and Masami


The Love Song of Cancer Boy


Two days out of the hospital and kind of bitter

I could end up being that asshole

My cancer is more important than your petty triumphs

and set backs


I am Cancer Boy

Look upon my diaries and despair

I look up and chills are drenched in blood


The jaws of gold illuminated a sunset fire

The sky mass of darkness clouds

held up by those bloody pampers


But then how am I going to build up

my neo-platonic high rise to whatever

blissy heaven is up there?


The only face that matters to me now

the only face that sparks is my wife!s

Romantic?

Sickeningly so?

It sounds like a cheap line

But there you go


This means she is more important to me

than ever before and I am terrified

of losing that face

the kindness

the sympathy.... If I lose that,

I am nothing


Please my love,

let me ask even more of you


—Luke Stilwell (1968-2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dean Okamura

Love Love - the blank page. Page which accepts every stroke of the pen. Pen turns into a knife. Knife that slices bodies. Bodies split...